Timberline Roofing Materials
When it comes to choosing a suitable material for your roof, there are a lot of materials to choose from. Timberline is one of the top choices when it comes to roofing materials because of its design and versatility. Timberline roofing materials come in many different designs and models, usually in the form of shingles. Choosing a roofing solution that offers aesthetics plus protection is now possible with timberline roofing.
What is Timberline Roofing?
Timberline roofing is a type of architectural material that takes the appearance of wooden shakes and shingles. There are four models available in the timberline roofing materials – the Grand Timberline, Timberline 30, Timberline Select 40 and Timberline Ultra. Timberline is equipped with a number of features that make it unique when compared to other types of roofing materials. It comes in different colors, thickness, designs and appearances.
The most prominent manufacturers of timberline roofing materials are GAF. GAF Materials Corporation has been manufacturing timberline roofing materials since its foundation in 1886 and still remains to e the largest manufacturers of timberline for residential and commercial roofing system purposes.
What are the Features of Timberline Roofing Materials?
There are a number of characteristics timberline roofing materials possess which make them unique from other types of roofing materials. Here are just some of the features that timberline has.
● Micro Weave Core which improves the life of the roof
● Dura Grip Seal which protects the roof from strong winds that blow off other roofs
● GAF-Elk’s HD Color which provides an aesthetic sense of color to all timberline products
● Smart Choice Protection Warranty
● Class A safety rating
● Fire resistant qualities
● Wind resistant qualities that can withstand wind speeds as much as 112 miles per hour
● UV resistant surface
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN TILE ROOF SYSTEM
What are the Advantages of Timberline Roofing Materials?
Timberline roofing materials offer a new approach in building roofing systems. It exhibits strength, aesthetics and efficiency as its primary qualities. Here are just some of the advantages in using timberline roofing materials.
● Timberline is thick and provides a greater amount of durability
● Resistance against wind, fire and discoloration
● Offers an artistic design that comes in different colors and textures
● Doesn’t wrinkle easily even during harsh weather conditions
● Possesses a long lifespan with proper care
● Visually appealing colors
● Provides a multi-dimensional effect on your home
● Resistant against UV rays
What are the Disadvantages of Timberline Roofing Materials?
Though timberline roofing materials offer a great option when it comes to roofing systems, it still has its flaws. Here are some of the few disadvantages that timberline roofing materials have.
● Thickness may attribute to its weight, making it heavier
● Prone to growth of algae, mosses or fungi if not taken care of properly
● May be more expensive compared to other roofing materials
● Prone to corrosion and damage due to certain chemicals
Timberline roofing materials provide an alternative that provides a durable roofing system that’s also pleasing to the eyes because of its appearance. With its wooden texture, it also brings out an air of nature in your home. Timberline is an excellent choice in any home. Click here for more…